Use of this site means you accept its terms and conditions.
U.S. SENATE AND HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEES relating to national parks Back to Home page
U.S. House of Representatives
The Subcommittee on Public Lands and Environmental Regulation consists of xx Members, xx Republicans and xx Democrats.
(clicking on blue type takes to representatives' websites.) To be updated.
Jurisdiction of the Subcommittee:
· The National Environmental Policy Act in general.
· Measures and matters related to the National Park System and its units, including Federal reserved water rights.
· The National Wilderness Preservation System.
· Wild and Scenic Rivers System, National Trails System, national heritage areas and other national units established for protection, conservation, preservation or recreational development, other than coastal barriers.
· Military parks and battlefields, national cemeteries administered by the Secretary of the Interior, parks in and within the vicinity of the District of Columbia and the erection of monuments to the memory of individuals.
· Federal and non-Federal outdoor recreation plans, programs and administration including the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965 and the Outdoor Recreation Act of 1963.
· Preservation of prehistoric ruins and objects of interest on the public domain and other historic preservation programs and activities, including national monuments, historic sites and programs for international cooperation in the field of historic preservation.
· Matters concerning the following agencies and programs: Urban Parks and Recreation Recovery Program, Historic American Buildings Survey, Historic American Engineering Record, and U.S. Holocaust Memorial.
· Public lands generally, including measures or matters relating to entry, easements, withdrawals, grazing and Federal reserved water rights.
· Forfeiture of land grants and alien ownership, including alien ownership of mineral lands.
· Cooperative efforts to encourage, enhance and improve international programs for the protection of the environment and the conservation of natural resources otherwise within the jurisdiction of the Subcommittee.
· Forest reservations, including management thereof, created from the public domain.
· Public forest lands generally, including measures or matters related to entry, easements, withdrawals, grazing and Federal reserved water rights.
· General and continuing oversight and investigative authority over activities, policies and programs within the jurisdiction of the Subcommittee.
U. S. Senate
Senate Subcommittee on National Parks
Phone: (202) 224-4971
Fax: (202) 228-0539
Jurisdiction of the Subcommittee includes oversight and legislative responsibilities for: National Park System; Wild and Scenic Rivers System; National Trails System; national recreation areas; national monuments; historic sites; military parks and battlefields; Land and Water Conservation Fund; historic preservation; outdoor recreation resources; and preservation of prehistoric ruins and objects of interest on the public domain.
To be updated
Democratic Subcommittee Members:
Republican Subcommittee Members:
Ex Officio Subcommittee Members:
Senator Jeff Bingaman (D, NM)
Senator Lisa Murkowski (R, AK)
To search for your legislators.
Send emails to Sharsmith Peak Committtee
Back to Home page